Become a Therapy Dog Volunteer
Are you interested in becoming a Therapy Dog volunteer?
We are always looking for individuals who wish to provide health care-oriented volunteer service within their community using their dog to assist.
Therapy dog volunteers must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the activities that are reasonable for the type of service they may be providing
- Willing to complete an application process and a criminal record check
- Successfully participate in an evaluation
- Able to provide up-to-date veterinarian documents indicating that all required vacinations are current.
- Accepting of a friendly stranger
- Sit calmly for petting
- Walk on a loose leash
- Walk through a crowd (including wheelchairs)
- Sit on command/staying in place
- React well to another dog or to distractions (noise, jogger, etc).