November 2020 Order of St. John Investiture – Calgary
Calgary – Tuesday November 16, 2020
Admission into the Order of St John
Captain Christian Stenner MStJ, CD
For well over a decade, Captain Stenner has performed the most notable and committed service at the local, provincial, and national level, including exemplary service to the Order of St John. He has personally put in place a series of awards for First Aid excellence with Cadet units in the greater Calgary area. Through his actions, Captain Stenner tirelessly works to develop in Canada’s youth the attributes of good citizenship and leadership, of which, service and commitment to the health and well-being of one’s community through St John programs features prominently. Captain Stenner’s notable actions have enhanced the profile of the Order of St John with Canada’s youth is most deserving of recognition.
For his most notable and dedicated service Captain Stenner is admitted to the Grade of Member of the Order of St John
The Vice Prior’s Award for Excellence in Service to the Order of St John
Brent Johnson CStJ
Brent began his association with St John Ambulance Calgary as a volunteer in #55 Division in the early 1970s. Throughout the 1970s and 80s Brent rose in the ranks of the Cadet Division to senior leadership positions. He was awarded the prestigious Grand Prior’s Badge in 1977. Brent was also awarded the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. During his time as a Cadet Officer Brent was involved in conference planning, Summer and Winter Cadet Camps and fundraising. In 2001 Brent joined the Calgary Branch Board. And at the time continued his association with #55 Headquarters Division.
- Brent was admitted to the Order as a Member in 1983
- Promoted to Officer and received the Service Medal both in 2004
- Received the Alberta Centennial Medal in 2005
- In 2006 He received the 7000 Hour voluntary service Award
- Received the 7500 voluntary service award in 2008 and continued to receive annual service awards for voluntary hours exceeding 7000 and 8500 hours per year
- Promoted to Commander of the Order of St John in 2013
- Recently received the 4th service bar (classified as the first gold bar) to the Service Medal of the Order representing 30 years
- Brent has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Council since 2006 and served as Vice-Chair of the Human Resource Committee and is currently a member of the Audit & Finance Committee of the Provincial Board.
- Brent continues to be a member of the Board of Directors for the Council and an active member of the Calgary Fellowship
In addition to all of that Brent has been certified in numerous programs such as:
- CPR Health Care Provider
- Medical First Responder
- Radio Communication
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillator
- And the full suite of first aid certifications
Brent is model St John volunteer, a community minded and proud Calgarian and a mentor to youth and adult community service volunteers throughout the Province.
Philp Carr KStJ, LLB
Philip began his volunteer career in 1982 as legal advisor to the (then) Calgary Branch Executive Committee. Phil received a Priory Vote of Thanks in 1983 and was admitted to the Order in 1985. Mr. Carr’s contributions to St John are extensive and include but are not limited to:
- Promoted to Officer in the Order 1989
- Received the Service Medal of the Order 1993
- Promote to Commander in 1993
- Received the first Bar to the Service Medal 1998 – representing 17 years
- Promoted to Knight of Grace 2000
- Received the 1000 hour certificate for voluntary community service
- Received the Queen’s Jubilee Medal 2003
- The second bar to the Service medal for 22 years in 2003
- Certificate for 1500 hours of voluntary service in 2006
- The Alberta Centennial Medal in 2005
Phil held the following positions in the organization:
- 1982 to 1984 – Legal Advisor to the Calgary Branch
- 1984 – Vice-Chair Calgary Branch
- 1985 – Chair, Calgary Branch
- 1987 to 1989 – Legal Advisor to St John Council for Alberta Board of Directors
- 1989 to 1992 Vice Chair, Alberta Council Board of Directors
- 1992 – 1995 Chair Alberta Council Board of Directors
- Member of Priory Council (the National Board)
- Priory Chapter Representative
- For many years Phil was the Master of Ceremonies for the Council’s Order of St John Annual Banquet
- Was President of Division 55 of the Brigade in Calgary
- A patient care volunteer
- And continues to be involved with the organization as a member of the Calgary Fellowship
Mr. Carr is a well respected lawyer, a devoted family man, a man of deep faith, a pillar of his church, a father and a loving husband.
Linda Carr CA, CPA
Thank you to Mrs. Carr for her support to the Order of St John for many years as well as her support of Philip’s involvement with St John Ambulance for close to 40 years. The Board of Directors truly appreciates Linda’s attendance at annual general meetings and awards ceremonies of the Council and for acting as an honorary ambassador for the organization.
The Board of Directors through Laurie Anderson (our Chair of Council) recognizes Mrs. Carr for her extensive support of St John through a certificate and a plaque of the Order of St John- St John Council for Alberta as symbols of her dedication to the organization and the communities we serve throughout Alberta.